KBR Sr. Technical Professional - Instrumentation/Controls in Houston, Texas
Title: Sr. Technical Professional - Instrumentation/Controls
Job Number: 1075178
KBR COMPANY INFORMATION
When you become part of the KBR team, your opportunities are endless. As a leading global engineering, construction, and services company, we support the hydrocarbon and government services markets on six continents. Serving our customers through diverse business units, we offer challenging assignments on some of the world's largest and most complex projects where our customers have come to value us, because they know We Deliver.
With operations in 40 countries, KBR has more than 34,000 people delivering services to customers in over 80 countries. Together they represent an unmatched reservoir of talent and experience in a wide range of markets.
Join us and you'll be part of a dynamic, elite team of professionals who understand what it takes to get a job done and has the experience, knowledge and determination to succeed.
Sr. Technical Professional - Instrumentation/Controls
Position Description/Job Responsibilities
Functional job responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
Under broad supervision, independently evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria for the purpose of creating, modifying and issuing Control Systems Engineering (CSE)
and Telecoms documents.
This includes working with proprietary software, creating requisitions, performing technical bid evaluations, performing instrumentation calculations, and more.
• Responsible for design of increasingly larger and more complex instrumentation, including custody flow meter stations, Remote Instrument Enclosures, Analyzer Shelters, complex analyzers, severe service valves, telecommunications, and complex control and safety systems.
• May provides technical guidance to designers and engineers.
• Mentors one or more CSE engineer, and participates in formal and informal technical seminars.
• Learn the latest technology in instrumentation and controls in order to maintain current proficiency in the industry, and be able to make the best technology recommendations.
• Work directly with individuals and leaders in other groups to ensure CSE is properly implemented (i.e. 3D model, piping orientation, vessels, etc.)
• Responsible for leadership of a small project or an area leader of a larger project.
Includes ability to plan, schedule, meet budgets, assume responsibility for CSE deliverables, and direct supervision of CSE engineers.
• Required undergraduate degree in Engineering.
• A candidate must continually keep abreast of the fast paced instrumentation and controls technology.
Professional Engineering certification desired.
• Minimum of 3 - 10 years related experience..
KBR offers a selection of competitive lifestyle benefits which could include a 401K plan with company match, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, flexible spending account, disability, paid time off, or flexible work schedule. We support career advancement through professional training and development.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.