KBR Internal Controls Manager in Houston, Texas
Title: Internal Controls Manager
Job Number: 1075698
KBR COMPANY INFORMATION
When you become part of the KBR team, your opportunities are endless. As a leading global engineering, construction, and services company, we support the hydrocarbon and government services markets on six continents. Serving our customers through diverse business units, we offer challenging assignments on some of the world's largest and most complex projects where our customers have come to value us, because they know We Deliver.
With operations in 40 countries, KBR has more than 34,000 people delivering services to customers in over 80 countries. Together they represent an unmatched reservoir of talent and experience in a wide range of markets.
Join us and you'll be part of a dynamic, elite team of professionals who understand what it takes to get a job done and has the experience, knowledge and determination to succeed.
Internal Controls Manager
Position Description/Job Responsibilities:
Internal Controls Manager will have an integral part of maintaining the company's system of internal controls and manage improvements to financial processes and systems.
Responsibilities of the Internal Controls Manager include, but are not limited to:
• Assist in the development and implementation of goals, policies, priorities and procedures relating to internal controls over financial reporting, SOX and FCPA
• Assist in the effort over the evaluation and design of internal controls; identify opportunities to streamline controls and make recommendations to improve the underlying processes
• Liaison between external audit and business process owners to facilitate process documentation and testing
• Partner with process control owners to obtain a deep understanding of financial and IT controls
• Assist in the creation of documentation for all financial processes, including planning documents, flowcharts, walkthroughs, and tests of controls
• Help to facilitate and coordinate the global self-assessment procedures, including clear, accurate, and well-organized work papers that appropriately document the testing performed
• Perform walkthroughs and testing at businesses that may be acquired by the Company
• Actively build and manage relationships with Company process and control owners, while continuing to promote the importance of compliance initiatives
• Support process owners through training, reviewing, and providing guidance for their processes
• Work with business process owners to ensure that exceptions from SOX testing are adequately remediated and re-tested in a timely manner
• Participate in compliance and global finance team initiatives within the Company
• Identify and help to implement recommendations on company-wide efficiencies on internal controls and remediation of SOX deficiencies
• Work to identify technology, excel shortcuts, and other potential enhancements to enable best practices in business processes, procedures and reporting
Qualifications of the Internal Controls (SOX) Manager include, but are not limited to:
• Minimum Bachelors' degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
• Active CPA, CIA or CISA designation preferred
• 6-8 years of recent public accounting experience
• Experience in assessing financial and operational risks
• Understanding of COSO audit framework
• Experience in financial audits of Public Companies; SOX compliance experience
• Business savvy, ability to work under tight deadlines and pressure
• Experience with evaluating control design, operating effectiveness, testing and preparing workpapers to support testing results
• Experience with Microsoft Visio and Flowchart design
• Ability to work in a dynamic environment and handle multiple deliverables and meet deadlines
• Analytical skills and detail oriented
• Organizational skills
• Relationship building and negotiation skills
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Knowledge of audit workpaper documentation practices
• Ability to maintain an independent and objective, fact based approach
• Time Management; able to respond with urgency on planned and emerging requests
• Participate as an integral part of the team, exhibiting ownership and follow-through initiative
• Travel may be required periodically for process and control documentation/evaluations, both domestic and international
KBR offers a selection of competitive lifestyle benefits which could include a 401K plan with company match, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, flexible spending account, disability, paid time off, or flexible work schedule. We support career advancement through professional training and development.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.