KBR HSE Advisor - West Houston, TX in Houston, Texas
Title: HSE Advisor - West Houston, TX
Job Number: 1076827
HSE Advisor – West Houston, TX:
JOB SUMMARY: Advisor for Health, Safety and Environmental initiatives and personnel for provider of maintenance and related services at a research facility in West Houston. The HSE Advisor role is an integral part of leadership team to effectively provide a safe work environment for employees and subcontractors. Coordinates the delivery of HSE products and services to operations personnel in support of project execution. Interfaces with regulatory bodies with corporate legal oversight, clients and subcontractors. Assists in executing the processes that directly impact training, report writing, quality control, plan development and implementation. Incorporates health as well as environmental standards directed by company guidelines and procedures, as well as regulatory agencies to prevent health and environmental hazards. Participates in the delivery of functional objectives by providing leadership and direction to team members. Participates in the development of functional strategy and execution.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key duties and responsibilities of the HSE Advisor are:
• Participates in and advises a team of HSE professionals to provide support to the project.
• Has overall knowledge of federal and local safety and environmental regulations and is responsible for conveying compliance requirements to employees and subcontractors.
• Maintains all relevant documentation of training, medical and environmental requirements.
• Participates in daily field walks to promote safe work practices
• Responsible for overseeing subcontractor HSE engagement and compliance with respect to HSE policies and procedures
• Promotes a positive culture around safety and ensures that HSE processes are innovative and creative.
• Makes an active contribution to develop new standards and techniques that will provide direction and guidance to all employees and subcontractors.
• Reviews HSE policies and practices to ensure they are updated and meet current trends and to continually assess hazards, risk assessment and mitigation plans.
• Responsible for designing and implementing various behavioral training and initiatives.
• Interface with customer management at all levels and serve as advisor for HSE matters
• EDUCATION: College degree preferred along with additional safety related certification and/or licenses.
• EXPERIENCE: Ten (10) years working in the Health, Safety and Environmental field, with five (5) years in management.
• ABILITIES: The candidate must be a self-starter capable of working in fast paced multi-disciplined team environment with the ability to manage competing priorities to achieve goals. Proven management skills to include effective planning, organizing, directing and controlling with strong decision making capabilities.
Excellent communication skills – verbal, written and listening. Ability to interact with staff and customer at all levels from craft persons to senior executives. Ability to develop positive customer relations and assume responsibility for customer satisfaction.
Job: HSE General